Store Donations Campaign Type 

Is there a minimum donation value?

No there is no minimum required from a store to start giving. However we only prompt Charities to pick up donations / stores to transfer donations when total donations to that Charity reach £20. If this hasn't happened by the 20th of the months, your payout status to that charity will be pending until that amount is reached. More about Payouts.

How is my store's giving calculated?

If you are giving from Product Sales - for stores that signed up before May 2022

The percentage or £ amount you chose to donate to charities will be taken out of each eligible product/order price when purchased. This is the product's price after tax and discounts. Pledger percentage will come out of total giving amount. So if you set your giving as 10% to charity and 10% to Pledger, when a £20 product is purchased, the total giving will be £2 where the charity will gets £1.8 and Pledger will gets £0.2. To ensure, for examples, that your Charity gets 20% and Pledger gets 10%, set your giving to 22.2%. Calculate your giving using the Giving Calculators here. 

If you are giving from Product Sales - for stores that signed up after May 2022

The percentage or £ amount you chose to donate to charities will be taken out of each eligible product/order price when purchased.

If you are giving from Orders - for stores that signed up before May 2022

Released in April 2022: The percentage or £ amount you chose to donate to charities will be taken out of each Order when at least one eligible product is in that order. This is the Order value total after tax and discounts. Pledger percentage will come out of total giving amount. So if you set your giving as 10% to charity and 10% to Pledger, when a £20 Order is made, the total giving will be £2 where the charity will gets £1.8 and Pledger will gets £0.2. To ensure, for examples, that your Charity gets 20% and Pledger gets 10%, set your giving to 22.2%. Calculate your giving using the Giving Calculators here. 

If you are giving from Orders - for stores that signed up after May 2022

Released in April 2022: The percentage or £ amount you chose to donate to charities will be taken out of each Order when at least one eligible product is in that order. This is the Order value total after tax and discounts.

How does donation capping / limiting donation amounts work?

The cap will ensure your monthly donations don't over the capped amount. Your first month is 30 days  post Pledger activation in your store. Post purchase pop up widget will no longer be visible to your customers if your cap for the month is reached unless you update your cap to a higher amount. 

 

Can I change my donation values later on?

Yes you can. However, if you change your monthly cap to a lower amount than what has already been donated for that month, you will still be required to pay out to the charities these amounts. 

Customer Donations Campaign Type 

How much can customers pledge to my causes?

You will be able to set 3 donation amounts for your customers to choose from. Customers will choose 1 of the 3 amounts at the end of the purchase. 

Upsell with donations Campaign Type 

How is my giving calculated?

The amount your store gives depends on your settings and the customers' order value. You can select unlimited levels of giving incentives vs order values. 

General

When will I start getting charged for pledges made in my store?

You will be changed on the 20th of the month if the total to the Charity has reached £20. You will not be changed until this amount is reached. 

Both your store and customer's donations will come out of  the account you selected when going live with Pledger. They will be considered as B2B donations by the Organisation you are donating to. 

Can't find answers in support documentation? We would love to help you get started with Pledger. Flick us an email to support@pledger.co or use Chat (bottom right) to get hold of support.