Customer donations - empower shoppers to make an impact
Updated: 2 days ago
Stores can now allow customers to donate to a Cause after purchase. The feature is a great way to engage shoppers and make more impact for your Cause/s. We are excited to roll out this highly requested feature and take advantage of Shopify's latest Checkout API.
Stores can now activate Customer Donations, Store Donations or both simultaneously.
Here is how Customer Donations feature works:
2. Activate Pledger in your Shopify Settings - go to Shopify Settings > click on Checkout > scroll down to Post Purchase page > select Pledger App > Save
a) Settings > Checkout
b) Post-purchase page > select Pledger App
Please note that it is currently not possible to have 2+ post-check out Apps working simultaneously. If order to activate Pledger, de-activate any other post-checkout Apps and widgets, such as for example, Shopify Tips.
3. Select Causes - select 1- 3 causes. Customers will be able to choose which one of these they would like to support after purchase. If you are adding Customer Donations to your existing Store Donations campaign, double check that your causes are available to be supported.
4. Set customer giving options - select 3 giving amounts for shoppers to choose from after purchase. Please note that it is much easier for shoppers to make a decision about how much to give when presented with a few set options. This is done via the Donations screen.
5. Post Purchase Widget - this Widget will appear to customers automatically after purchase. It will be styled according to your theme. If your store supports 2+ causes, the customer will choose which one cause they would like to support. Clicking 'No Thank You' leads the shopper to the order confirmation page.
6. Hide 'Donation' product from you public product catalogue - 'Donation' will be visible in your store as a product. To hide 'Donations' from your product catalogue go to your Shopify > Product > search for Donation product and click on it > Manage > Untick online store > Save
7. Test that Customer Donations feature is visible in your store - purchase a product in your own store - you will see the Pledger post-purchase widget. Refund the transaction via Shopify Admin > Orders.
For reasons outside of our control, right now Pledger will only appear to customers that paid via Shopify's default payment gateway. Ie paying with PayPal etc means the widget will not show.
8. Track your store's impact - once donations start coming in, you will see impact of your store's and/or customers' giving via the Dashboard
9. Settle payments to Causes - see how much your store fundraised for each Cause on the Payouts screen. Funds will be required to be sent to your Causes on the 20th of the month as long as 20GBP total has been reached. Read more on how payouts work here
Ensuring donations are settled - it is important to ensure that both your store's and customers' donations are passed onto the Cause. Pledger creates an automated CPA Agreement between your store and cause/s which acts as a legal document and a guarantee of any collected donations being passed on. If there are any issues regarding settling of donations please contact Pledger immediately and before our team takes action to retrieve the donations. Read more on legal requirements around donations here.
To learn more about Pledger features and settings head to the Pledger Support Hub - you'll find detailed documentation on the App there. If you need support with setting up Customer Donations or anything else please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy selling and making an impact!